See how the step2bed assembles
Front Page Back Page
What is the Step2bed made of?
– Step2bed is made of steel tubing and metal fixtures.
Is the step2bed connected to the bed?
– No, it is a free standing device that sits at the bedside.
Can the step2bed go on either side of the bed?
– Yes, the product can be assembled and used on either side of the bed.
Is the step2bed adjustable?
– Yes, the step2bed has six (6) height adjustment options ranging from 2.5"-7.5"
How much does the step2bed weigh?
– The step2bed weighs 22 lbs.
What are the dimensions of the step2bed?
- 18" L x 32" W x 32" H.
What is the weight capacity of the step2bed?
- 400 lbs.
Does the step2bed come pre-assembled?
– No, it's four pieces, six bolts and four legs that adjust the height. See assembly video on this page.
When should I start using the step2bed as a preventative measure?
– Recommended use should begin at the first sign of weakness when climbing stairs.
Is there a lifetime warranty on the step2bed?
– Yes, each product comes with a 100% lifetime warranty.
Can someone use the step2bed if they already have mobility problems?
– Yes, the step2bed is designed to help assist the user even if they already have mobility issues.
Does step2bed guarantee the user will not fall when using the device?
– No, with the assistance of the product it will help reduce the risk of falls.
Does the LED light need to be plugged in or is it battery operated?
- It's battery operated. It takes four (4) AAA batteries.
How does someone with limited mobility swing their legs over the lower bar?
- Limited mobility can still use this product effectively. The lower side (grab bar) doesn't impede your natural motion to get into bed. Also, as you get out of bed, your legs move over it easily. I'm the inventor and founder, Vince Baiera. I worked as a bedside RN for 7+ years and have tested this product with 1000+ seniors. I encourage you to trust it! I believe it can work for you.
We have a 4.9 out of 5.0 star Amazon score!
We encourage you to consult your physician with specific questions.
What is the size of the tall grab bar?
- The tall grab bar is 31" high and connects to the step. There is also a telescoping leg with 6 height adjustment steps (2.5-7.5") that will add height from the floor. Size of the unit - 18" L x 32" W x 32" H.
What is the size of the short grab bar?
- 22.8" is the highest point. It angles down at 30 degrees and the low point is 12".
Can I use the step2bed outside of the bedroom?
- Although it's main function is to be utilized within a bedroom setting, we do have customers who use their step2bed in other rooms of the home where mobility may be an issue.
Can you buy a replacement LED light?
- You can purchase a similar light on Amazon or from any online retailer or you can contact the step2health team directly through this portal or at email@example.com and discuss getting you a replacement LED light.
Can I return my step2bed if it doesn't work out for me?
- Yes you can. As long as it's returned within 30 days of your purchase and you include all the original packaging. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 619-633-3305 for return instructions.
How I can purchase a separate tall grab bar?
- Please visit our Shop page and click add to cart; or you can call us directly at 619-633-3305.
Is the step2bed FSA elgible or does Medicaid pay for it?
- Unfortunately, the step2bed is offered for private pay only at this time.
How long does it take for the step2bed to ship?
- We process orders and ship on the same day for orders placed before 12pm EST.
Where does the step2bed ship from?
- We store products in ATL, DAL & LAX and ship from our closest fulfillment center.
Is shipping free?
- Shipping is free within the Continental US. For expedited shipping options please call us at 619-633-3305.
I'm having difficulty tightening the nuts and bolts. What can I do?
- You will need to use both an adjustable wrench on one site of the bolt while using a screwdriver on the other end (at the same time) to tighten the bolts. If you've tried that and you still feel like you're having a problem, please contact us at 619-633-3305.
Will I slip on the step as it's made of steel?
- The extra-wide landing base is coated with non-slip gripping material (3M) that gives you that peace of mind when getting into and out of bed.
How sturdy is the step2bed? How much weight will it hold?
- The step2bed has a weight capacity of 400lbs making it ideal for 99.9% of Americans.
Are there any products similar to the step2bed that I can buy elsewhere?
- No, the step2bed is a patented product and can only be purchased online.
What is an FSA account?
- A flexible spending account, or FSA, is a way for you to set aside money for qualified medical, dental or vision expenses or dependent care.
You fund an FSA through pre-tax deductions from your paycheck. The total amount you choose to deposit is taken out of your paycheck over time, but you get the full amount for use at the beginning of the year. Your employer owns the account, but you are the one who funds it and decides how to spend the money. Only you and your employer can contribute to the FSA.
Flexible spending accounts also help you save on taxes. The amount you put into the account is deducted from your pre-tax income, which could put you in a lower tax bracket. And the money you put in is not taxed, either.
What is an HSA account?
- A health savings account is a tax-advantaged personal savings account that works in combination with an HSA-qualified high-deductible health insurance policy (HDHP) to provide both an investment and health coverage.
The savings account provides the funds you use to pay medical expenses or — if you don’t need to use it — is an interest-bearing nest egg that grows over time. The HDHP, meanwhile, is your safety net should you need catastrophic coverage for major medical expenses.
Only your employer can set up and administer an FSA under the IRS code subject to detailed rules. The guidelines cover requirements for the legal documents, including the plan description, its benefits to participants, eligibility and nondiscrimination, and the administration of the plan once established.
After enrolling in an FSA or HSA plan, you can pay for FSA and HSA eligible items through reimbursements from your plan administrator.
Step2health.com currently does not accept FSA or HSA cards as a payment method. Please use a credit, debit, or gift card to pay for your order with FSA and HSA eligible items, then submit your order receipt to your plan administrator for reimbursement.
To receive reimbursement for eligible items, please submit your saved receipt along with an online or paper reimbursement form in accordance to your plan's policies. When submitting reimbursements, you can typically elect to receive the reimbursed payments in the form of a direct deposit to a selected bank account, or as a paper check.