Step Stool for Height and weight
With a Height-Adjustable Step Ranging from 2.5” to 7.5”
Support Weights of up to 800 lbs.
Support Weights of up to 400 lbs.
Support Weights of up to 300 lbs.
What Should Be the Perfect Height and Weight of Your Bed Step Stool?
The perfect height and weight for a bed step stool vary as per the needs of the seniors. Requirements such as extra height, the capacity to hold extra weight, or compact sizes to fit in a small space are a few of them. However, here are a few things that can help you select the perfect step stool for you or your loved ones.
How High Should a Step Stool Be?
The reason people use a bed step stool is the extra height boost. It is designed to make the transition in and out of bed safer, more manageable, and less stressful. All beds differ in size and height; thus, an adjustable-height step stool for seniors is an ideal choice.
Commonly, bed step stools come with one, two, or three steps.
- One-step stool: It is good if you need something that gives you a quick boost.
- Two-step stool: It is alternative help if you own a lifted or high bed.
- Three-step stool: It is most suited for people who have difficulties stretching their knees too high.
The step2bed or XL sizes are a good fit for people who sleep on high beds. For smaller bedrooms and tight spaces, the step2bed mini size is a lightweight and portable solution. Both these are adjustable step stools. Since ease of access to the bed is the main reason people use bed step stools, all users should consider the height of the bed step stools carefully before deciding on one that is just right for them.
What should be the weight capacity of your step stool?
Step stools are products that will carry your entire weight while you hop on and off your bed. It is, therefore, best to base your unique needs on the weight capacity of a bed step stool. Bed step stools are available in varied weight capacities ranging from 200 pounds to 800 pounds.
Heavy-duty bed step stools like the step2bed XL are made with reinforced steel, are more extensive, and withstand up to 800 pounds. A lightweight or mini step stool can withstand up to 200 pounds. It is compact and easier to move around whenever needed and takes up less space, making it ideal for smaller rooms.
High-weight capacity step stools for high beds can resist any weight between 400 to 800 pounds. Depending on the user’s weight and how often you would need to move the step stool around, you can decide which one to select.
What are the tips for finding the best bed stool for you according to height and weight?
There are plenty of bed step stools in the market and choosing the suitable stool for your needs can be tricky.
- Pick a Height
All bedside step stools vary in height, and everyone's needs may vary depending on their size. The stools can be as short as 4" whereas few are as tall as 9" or more. Choosing a height is the foremost step to selecting a suitable stool. The best thing to do is buy a stool with adjustable height.
- Determine Usage Load
The next thing you might want to consider is how often you utilize the bed step stool. Is the usage temporary? Is it going to be used only at night? Are you going to use it 2-3 times a day? Will you be moving it from one space to another? What is the weight of the person who will be using it most frequently? All the factors have to be taken into consideration to narrow down your search.
- Choose a Style
Like your clothes, the right fit and style of the bed step stool matter. After you decide on height and weight, choose a type best suited for you. Step2bed stools for the bedroom has the following three options available:
- Step2bed Mini: Supports 300 pounds and is easily assembled. You can adjust the height according to the bed. Made from excellent quality steel, it is durable and will not succumb to wear and tear. The step2bed mini encompasses unique features that make it a perfect elderly bed rail option.
- Step2bed: Withstands up to 400 pounds. The Velcro straps and anti-slip rubber feet hold the stool in place and decrease the chances of skidding or slipping. The motion-activated LED light sensor detects human presence within 10 feet and instantly illuminates the floor of the bed step stool.
- Step2bed XL: It is a high-weight capacity step stool that can hold 800 lbs. The full and perpendicular steel grab bars of the Step2Bed XL makes it easy to climb in and out of bed. The handrail comes complete with soft foam padding for a secure grip.
The Step2bed is a safer alternative to standard bed rails and comes in different dimensions that suit your room size and the height and weight of your bed. As a safety bed rail, it provides a pathway for easy access to and from the bed.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Different Materials Used for Making Step Stools?
Bed step stools come in three materials: plastic, metal, and fiberglass. Each material has its advantages and disadvantages.
Plastic Bed Step Stools
- Plastic bed step stools are lightweight and are available at affordable prices.
- Because they are not heavy, they can easily be moved from one room to another, if and when needed.
- Plastic as a material is resistant to corrosion and moisture. It does not rust, and this protects the user from the stress of any maintenance.
- Unfortunately, plastic cannot produce a high-weight capacity bed step stool. It is not very sturdy, and thus there are chances of breaking easily.
- The material is not suitable as a heavy-duty bed step stool. The plastic bed step stool may not take the weight of any person whose weight is more.
- Plastic gives in to wear and tear, making the stool less reliable over time.
Metal Bed Step Stools
- Most heavy-duty bed step stools are made from metal. They are sturdy, durable, and do not buckle over time.
- Metal bed stools have a high weight capacity and are more reliable than most other materials.
- Metals don’t succumb to wear and tear and therefore remain safe and reliable.
- Metal bed step stools are expensive and may not be affordable for all.
- Metal can be bent and thus are prone to flex under heavy pressure.
Fiberglass bed step stools:
- Fiberglass step stools are solid and can hold a decent weight.
- They are moisture and corrosion-resistant.
- The material is made to last many years and look good in the room.
- Fiberglass bed steps are less robust than metal step stools and are comparatively heavier.
- They are also not very well-suited for heavy-duty weights.
- Because of the material, fiberglass step stools tend to be more expensive.
As long as you know your individual and specific needs, finding the suitable height-weight step stool shouldn't be challenging. Considering the size, height, and the make of your bed is the first step towards selecting the right high step stool. It would be convenient to try and buy a high step stool with a height-adjustability feature to fit well with any bed.
You must consider the weight of the user. Bed step stools can withstand anything from 200 to 800 pounds. Always choose one with a higher weight capacity than the user’s weight. Moving the step stool around if needed will be effortless. If you need a heavier bed step stool, you can select a heavy-duty bed step stool with a weight capacity of up to 800 pounds. Read more about how to find the perfect bed step stool.
High-capacity step stools from Step2bed are reliable with adjustable height and safe. They are made from high-quality reinforced steel and even come with a wider step for better balance and safety. The step2bed XL is also extremely easy to assemble. It comes with a motion-activated LED light that can illuminate the space in the dark, preventing unwanted trips and bumps.
Be that as it may, the step2bed XL does have a few drawbacks:
1. Heavy: As they are high-capacity step stools, they are heavy and thus harder to move around the room or elsewhere if needed.
2. Unpleasant to the eye: These are large and cumbersome. Thus, they can be an eyesore in the room's aesthetics may even look odd and out of place.
3. Expensive: Since they are larger and heavier, they are also more expensive than regular step stools.
4. Needs maintenance:High-capacity step stools tend to go rusty and corrosive if left unattended. Thus, the steel step stools need monitoring and checking and may require more maintenance than regular step stools.
Using a step stool to climb into bed is one technique to ensure your safety at home and limit the risk of falling. It is important to take measures to stay safe and functional at home as you age. Seniors with impaired mobility might find it extremely challenging to get in and out of bed, especially if the bed is high.
Adjustable step stools are helpful and should be in every senior's home, mainly if they live alone. By giving support, they make it easier to get in and out of bed, relieve the pressure on your leg and thigh muscles, and lessen the chance of accidents. Adjustable height step stools for seniors are an ideal choice to match the user's convenience. Here's how you can choose the best step stool for high beds.
Step stools have varying weight capacities based on their style, make, and material.
Heavy-duty step stools like the step2bed are made of reinforced steel and equipped with vertical grab bars. The bedside step stool is sturdy, offers full support, and can withstand up to 400 pounds.
The step2bed mini is an excellent height step stool for everyone. It is lightweight and portable, and very easy to use at home. It can support up to 200 pounds in weight. Whether it's seniors recovering from surgery, or people with knee or hip injuries, this is the perfect solution.
The step2bed XL is built from heavy-duty steel and is a step stool with an extremely high weight capacity. It comes with a motion-activated LED light that can light up the space around the stool at night and prevent the user from tripping or bumping into things. The stool base is wide and can hold up to 800 pounds in weight.
The market is full of step stools made from various materials and styles. It is important to gauge the specific needs of the user before you buy a bed step stool.
Step stools vary in height and number of steps. The best size for a step stool is determined by the ages and height of the people using it. Seniors with mobility issues may need a lower stool or perhaps more steps to make the climb easier. Since everyone has their own unique needs, you cannot say that one size fits all. As a rule of thumb, the first step of a bed step stool should be no higher than 7.5 to 8 inches.
Here is a rough guide to help you decide which height would suit your specific needs.
Step2bed offers adjustable height step stools in the following variants:
1. Step2bed- The floor height of the step2bed can be easily adjusted from 2.5 inches to 7.5 inches to match the size of your bed. This allows you to use your bed without making any modifications whatsoever. Simply position the step2bed and fasten it to the bed as needed.
2. Step2bed mini- The step2bed mini can be adjusted from 8 inches to 10 inches. Depending on the height of your bed and your comfort, you can adjust the height of the stool. The step2bed mini is suitable for both high as well as low beds.
3. Step2bed XL- The step2bed XL can be adjusted from 2.5 inches to 7.5 inches as needed. It also comes with an extra-wide step for better safety, comfort, and support. For seniors who suffer from vertigo or dizzy spells, the wider step acts as an extra safety feature. Whether you have a high bed or a low one, the step2bed XL is suitable for all beds.